Melinex® Polyester Films for Identity Cards
Global threats to national security, tighter border controls and the need to identify people in a wide range of situations makes secure ID documents increasingly important.
Using Melinex® polyester films for ID cards provides security and extended life time; that’s why over 300 million ID cards issued each year use Melinex®polyester films from DuPont Teijin Films.
Laser Engravable Melinex® ID Cards
- Overlay allows laser personalization
- CORE1 gives significantly increased toughness and durability compared with PVC or PETG solution
- Less expensive than polycarbonate solutions
Melinex® Films for Campus Card
- Simple structure
- Increased mechanical and thermal performance vs standard PVC cards
- Printing on PVC
- 40% Melinex® / 60% PVC is the industry standard and preferred composition for campus cards
- RFID, Chip, Dual Interface, Blanks
- Superior durability, passes laundry test, excellent temperature and solvent resistance
Xavier Study of 9000 cards tested in a Campus environment concluded that cards using Melinex® PET were the most durable.
For Government Card Issuers
DuPont Teijin Films Melinex® allows you to minimize your risk and deliver success by choosing a World Class supplier.
- Melinex® products have protected citizens around the world for over a decade
- Local technical support is available to assist you with your application
- Our Cards Centre of Excellence in the UK provides state-of-the-art technical support
- Networking and collaboration with card manufacturers and equipment manufacturers in the marketplace globally
For Card Manufacturers
Melinex® offers a choice based on design, cost and performance.
- Choice of CORE film types and thicknesses to suit individual project designs and card structures
- Durability of 5-10 years provided by exceptional mechanical performance ( ISO test data available upon request)
- Color dye diffusion thermal transfer overlays
- Laser engravable overlays
Not seeing your specific market or looking for a custom solution? We are here to help with any additional questions or custom needs you might have. Give us a call or send us an email and let's figure out how we can work together to solve your needs.Contact Us